Permanent Residence Permit (PRP)
This permit allows permanent residence in the Falkland Islands, free from immigration restrictions. It requires prospective applicants meet essential criteria and achieve sufficient points through a points-based assessment.
The essential criteria include:
- residency in the Falkland Islands for a minimum of 3 years for the applicant and any dependents included in the application
- criminal record checks for the previous 5 years to demonstrate good character
- sufficiently good command of the English language
- satisfactory accommodation evidenced
- health assessments for applicants and all dependents to ensure they are not or not likely to become a substantial charge on public funds because of their healthcare needs
- educational assessments for all dependents under 16 years to ensure they are not or not likely to become a substantial charge on public funds because of their educational needs
The points-based assessment:
The points system awards points for a varied range of factors including, but not limited to – employment, income, work experience, educational and professional qualifications, assets, age, and community engagement.