Welcome to Falkland Islands Government Planning and Building Services.
We are a friendly team who work together to provide a range of planning and building services to Stanley, Camp, and the Islands of the Falklands.
Planning – we prepare development plans setting out how and where development could take place, deal with all planning applications for new development and administer the historic buildings system.
Building – we deal with all applications for building permits and any queries relating to building work standards.
We also facilitate the Planning and Building Committee and assist with the Historic Buildings Committee.
We welcome you to contact us with any planning and building queries you may have, before, during, and after any formal application submissions – we are here to help.
All planning applications received can be viewed on our Facebook page, Falkland Islands Government Planning & Building Services Facebook. Application forms and guidance can also be found there.
Please contact us at:
Planning & Building Services│Falkland Islands Government │PO Box 611 │The Secretariat│Stanley│Falkland Islands│FIQQ 1ZZ
Telephone: + 500 28480
- Legislation including the Planning Ordinance 1991, the General Development Order 1991, and the Building Regulations 1999
- Falkland Islands Development Plan 2015 (Written Statement)
- Stanley Town Plan 2015-2030 (Map)
- Falkland Islands Structure Plan 2015-2030 (Map)
- The Application Forms
- Planning & Building Information Notes