Working in the Falklands

Anyone who does not have Falkland Islands Status or a Falkland Islands Permanent Residence Permit (PRP) needs a work permit to undertake employment in the Falkland Islands. More information on working in the Falkland Islands is available on the Customs & Immigration website.

When it comes to finding a job, the Falkland Islands Government is the largest employer in the Islands, with approximately 750 staff. Government vacancies are advertised online at

Private sector industries include fishing, agriculture, construction, tourism and hospitality. These roles are advertised in the local newspaper – – as well as on the Chamber of Commerce website: